Ph.D., Computer Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 2007
M.E., Computer Science, Tsinghua University, China
- Interests: Networking and Security, Wireless Ad-hoc/Sensor Networks,
Vehicular Networks, and System Implementation.
- Selected research projects:
- "A Sensor-network-based Vehicle Anti-Theft System"
Hui Song, Sencun Zhu, and Guohong Cao
IEEE INFOCOM 2008 mini-conference, 2008.
[media coverage at NSF News and New scientist]
- "Least Privilege and Privilege Deprivation:
Towards Tolerating Mobile Sink Compromises in Wireless Sensor Networks"
Hui Song, Sencun Zhu, Wensheng Zhang and Guohong Cao
ACM Transactions On Sensor Networks (TOSN), Vol. 4, Iss. 4,
- "Attack-Resilient Time Synchronization for Wireless Sensor Networks"
Hui Song, Sencun Zhu and Guohong Cao
Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 112-125, 2007.
- "Mobile Multi-Layered
Heesook Choi, Hui Song, Guohong Cao and Thomas F. La Porta
ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks (WINET), 2007. Accepted for publication.
- "Cache-Miss-Initiated Prefetch in Mobile Environments"
Hui Song and Guohong Cao
Journal of Computer Communications,
Vol. 28, pp. 741-753, 2005.
- [Link to the full list]
Selected Honors and Awards
- Best Student Paper Award, Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS), 2008.
- Who's Who in America, 2008 (selected)
- Sigma Xi, Honor Society for Scientific Research, 2008
- Annual Research Assistant Award, CSE Department, Penn State, 2005.
- IEEE MASS Student Travel Award, 2005.
- Publications Chair for IEEE SRDS'09
- TPC Member for IEEE SRDS'09,WiSP'08,IEEE DMCAC'08, IEEE WSNS'08
, ICST Qshine'08.
- Web Chair for IEEE MOBIQUITOUS 2007.
- Presentations at IEEE INFOCOM2008, IEEE INFOCOM2005, IEEE MASS2005.
- Referee for various prestigious journals and conferences, including TMC, MC2R, MobiCom, INFOCOM, MASS, etc.