Information for those wanting a letter of recommendation from Dr. Megan E. Bradley
If you are seeking a letter of recommendation from me, please be sure you meet the following pre-requisites and do the required steps. I'd be happy to write a letter for you.
- Earned an A if you took my PSYC 210 class
- At least a 3.0 overall and major GPA
- Earned an A in PSYC 394 if you took that course
- Giving me at least 2 weeks to complete this task (and I might need more time depending on time of the semester)
Provide addresses for the graduate schools by either (a) typing me the address in an email, where all I have to do is print/cut/tape address on one of our envelopes or (b) write addresses on envelopes. No need to include stamps and I can give you FSU envelopes to write the addresses, if you want.
Email me the following information:
- Waive your right to see my ratings/comments. I will give you a copy of my letter but I require you to waive your rights on the forms from graduate schools.
- Complete all of your information on all forms. Don't forget to sign your name.
- Complete all of my information on all forms except my signature and the date. Information that forms typically ask:
- Dr. Megan E. Bradley
- Professor of Psychology
- 101 Braddock Road, Frostburg, MD 21532
- (301) 687-4194 (work phone); (301) 687-7418 (fax)
**Please also include the information where it asks how long we've known one another and in what capacity (e.g., student in a class, advisee, etc.)
Submit any forms/envelopes/etc. to me in a large envelope with your name on it unless everything is electronic
- Your major and GPA in major
- Overall GPA
- Indicate if you are/were in Honor's program and/or Freshman Honor Fraternity
- How long I've known you since
- What courses did you take from me: Identify title and exact semester + grade per course
- Indicate if you participated in my Service Learning option from PSYC 210 - if so, indicate name of your site.
- What certificates you will have achieved upon graduation (e.g., Child & Family)
- If you did an internship, list where and describe your duties (can refer me to your résumé, too, to avoid duplication of work)
- Describe what type of program(s) you are applying to and why (e.g., counseling psychology)
- If you are/were a ULA...
- indicate which semesters
- indicate if/when you were a lab assistant or intern for us
- List and comment on pertinent positions/jobs you've had (e.g., athlete, president of ____ club, Psi Chi member, RA, camp counselor, etc.)
- Any other important information to put in your letter
- List of all programs where you are applying. including:
- Name of university
- Name of program (e.g., MA in Clinical Psychology)
- Due date for application (the actual date, not your desired date)
- Information on how to submit (electronically - where you will send me a link, mail it, give to you, etc.)
- If additional forms are needed to complete
Thanks! In return, I will write you the strongest letter possible to help you achieve your goals.