Comments on the Internal Frequency Arrangement:
The chart below shows the internal frequency arrangement of the Wingfoot VFO Exciter. A careful look at the chart will show the following:
1. The VFO operates on 3.5MHz on all bands except 30m, where it operates on 3.367MHz.
2. The cathode follower ("cathode coupler") operates straight through on all bands.
3. The first buffer operates straight through on 80m, doubles on 40m and 15m, triples on 30m, and quadruples on 20m and 10m.
4. The second buffer operates straight through on 80m, 40m, 30m, and 20m, triples on 15m, and doubles on 10m.
5. The final amplifier ("2E26") operates straight through on all bands.
Back to Dr. Greg Latta's Electrical Engineering and Amateur Radio Pages
If you have any questions or comments, you can send E-Mail to Dr. Greg Latta at firstname.lastname@example.org